Setup Debugging in AmigaOS 4.1 Classic
1) Modify your Sys:Kickstart/kicklayout-xxxx file (where xxxx is your model number). Change the kernel to kernel.debug. Save the file.
2) Modify your startup sequence so the C:Bootloader line reads:
C:Bootloader COMMANDLINE=”SERIAL DEBUGLEVEL=5 BAUDRATE=57600″
Save the file.
3) Power off your Amiga.
4) Connect a serial cable to your Amiga’s serial port, and connect the other end to another computer with a serial port.
5) Start the second computer where the cable is attached and start a Terminal program. Set it to a Baud Rate of 57600 8-N-1. Set that Terminal Program to capture the buffer to a file.
6) Turn on your Amiga. After the Kickstart loads and the machine resets, you should start to see serial output on the second computer. Save this output.